Saturday 20 October 2018

20th October 2018 - Tech Teams and Car Parks

Thought for the Day:"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"

So last night Chepstow - Athelstan - today Bangor - Athelstan ... and tonight Gloucester - Social.

But I was musing as I saw this little missive that I thought I may share ..

I have had no washing machine for 2 weeks - and a subsequent chain of events ensued. Thankfully, good old Scottish Power are up among the eaves repairing our connections as I speak ðŸ˜€
This is partly my real experience (with a bit of poetic licence re times and sincere apologies to Flanders and Swann):
It was on a Monday morning that the tech team came to call
The washer wasn't working, wasn't going round at all
They opened up the works and tested sockets all around
And found the electricity wasn't getting to the ground
Oh it all makes work for the working man to do!
Twas on a Tuesday morning that the electrician came.
Our expectation was that he would find the same again.
The earth went to a lead pipe which just ended in thin air, so I phoned up the supplier to arrange for the repair.
Oh it all makes work for the working man to do.
Twas on the Wednesday morning the supplier made a start.
He jangled and he jingled almost every blooming part.
He climbed right up a ladder which reached up into the heights
And after much palaver he put everything to rights.
Oh it all makes work for the working man to do..
So up comes Thursday morning and I'm on the phone again
The call line takes for ever, which is really quite a pain.
Although I like Bach's music , there was too much e'en for me
And besides I had to hang up just so I could go and pee!
So on Friday morn quite early I did try to phone again.
I managed to get through and so I did once more explain
That I still had no knickers that were fit to wear outside,
So they booked another session with the tech team nationwide.
On Saturday and Sunday the tech teams don't work at all
So twill be on Monday morning that the tech team comes to call
( In order to protect myself I should explain that tech teams may indeed work weekends but not in this song ðŸ˜‰)


In other news - I tend to post about parking a lot - here is an example of what not to do in a large car park..



and with that thought .. off to Gloucester for a singing gig...



No comments:

Post a Comment