Sunday 14 October 2018

14th October 2018 - Callum, Calamities and Carmarthen

Thought for the day:" Cowboy bought a dachshund.. Someone told him to get a long little doggie."
more scaly ....   


So Storm Callum seems to have drifted off and left a swathe of devastation.
Cancelled some trains yesterday and I found that the 8.55am from Llanelli to Swansea is actually much more convenient than the 8.42, especially as I decided that since my feet hurt so much it would be a good idea to get a taxi - only £4 - bet £4 I have spent for a while....

A good ceremony - and a good companionship - but decided to pop in on the Potter's Wheel on the way back rather than our more traditional stop in the Brunswick. For one the Brunswick is 500 yards in the wrong direction and for another the Potter's Wheel is a Wetherspoons and half the price !!

Indeed - the walk back to the station was not too onerous - though I left ten minutes before everyone else to get to the station at the same time... Alcohol may have been involved in small measure!! 

But back to Storm Callum and the floods. Of course I did not see much of it and it had stopped raining by the time I got back home...


but the damage seems to be all over Wales

















And the morning after...






The last time that we had this much flooding in Carmarthen was back in 1987








Of course, then we had to put up with  Royal Visit as well - not what was needed however well meaning ....


I know I was out then - but cannot remember what part I took in the flooding - I think I was int he control room assisting ..

Some old colleagues talking about the previous flooding...


So Storm Callum has now mainly drifted away  - and we are looking forward to episode 2 of the new

In other news : Dr Who - 
Can't help but thinking that they are cutting back on the special effects


Cheers - may stay in the rest of the day ...



No comments:

Post a Comment