Thursday 28 June 2018

28th June 2018 - Open Mic at the Kilkenny Cat

Thought for the day:"As I pass through the Valley of the Shadow of death – I remind myself that you can’t always trust a sat nav"
Another open mic session last night at the Kilkenny Cat. Last week I tried Mr Bojangles, Ti o dy ddoniau and Tanja's song. Worked fairly well - but the seat was just the wrong height and the guitar started jumping up and down as I hit a nerve on my knee - trying to hold the guitar in place...  But I opened up the evening while it was quite quiet - so not too bad... Sounds seemed about right.

So Last night I decided that I would stand... and that worked fairly well. Had in mind doing the Old Dunn Cow but the first two acts were very good and finished with a resounding Pink Floyd number - We don't want no Education and Stereophonics Dakota....  Leaving the crowd very lively ...

So I decided to jump into my own area of comfort and introduced myself as a Re-enactment Entertainer - and decided that they should all sing - if nothing else a "Hey Nonny Nonny" 
and Commenced with the Chastity Belt - which went down quite well - at least some started singing! 

Followed with Tom Lehrer - "I hold your hand in mine" - also went quite well - so finished once again with one of my own "Mona Mour of the Jollie Rouge" which lost most people but they were polite enough with their claps afterwards...

Will have to miss next week as will be doing the Lecture for Knight's Templar on one of the last meetings of the year ....

So a morning finishing some accounts and the annual returns for Athelstan Court where I am now secretary as well !!  Also a new selection of Birthday cards for the next couple of weeks ...

And it is still very hot out...  

A cool drink - and a cold shower !!
Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment