Friday 15 June 2018

15th June 2018 - Missing CP and Reversing Shirts

Thought for the day :"I used to work for a Can Crushing Company – it was Soda Pressing!!!"

So,for the first time in many moons (no pun intended) I am not with the Crimson Moon this weekend for the Curious Pastimes event "The way lies before you".
Instead I have Royal and select Masters tonight and Royal Order of Scotland up in the South East tomorrow. In fact I was double booked initially - with the Provincial Scarlet Cord meeting in Bridgend as well. In both cases I am sort of attending in an official capacity - Scarlet Cord - I am Deputy Director of Ceremonies for the Province and with the sad demise of Dr John Benjamin Lloyd I presume that I will be acting as Director of Ceremonies, but that is for another Province and so my role does not apply across the border and as I am not a member of South Wales Province my position as Deputy Provincial Grand Master in Athelstan is also not valid...

In the South East - I shall be attending the Provincial Meeting of the Royal Order of Scotland, and attending as the Provincial Junior Warden for South Wales,but as important, the new Provincial Grand Master for Southern Counties happens to be the Deputy Grand Director of Ceremonies for the Order of Athelstan and his deputy is the Assistant Grand Master in that Order.... So I think it is worth the trip...

But though I cannot go tot he event - I know that they are already set up  and so I have changed the facebook pages accordingly...


I am sure that they will have fun...

Meanwhile - I bought some summer clothing in Tescos yesterday. I needed to as I have left my main summer wardrobe across in Crete so that I can carry more hand luggage on our next trip out in September. And so I duly bought some nice summer shirts - sadly at 2XL but that is another story !

Having brought four nice shirts home (and some shorts and a pair of Chinos which were in my size and going for £7) I proceeded to take the labels off and when I got to the last one - I examined it closely, as the pattern seemed sort of faded!  A Closer examination showed that the interior of the shirt was bright and clear - just like the other shirts - but the outside was very pale....
I looked at it for a while and then it dawned on me - the shirt had been manufactured inside out!!  Or rather someone must have put the material down the wrong way when going to the cutting table, and it was meticulously made - but with the colour on the inside not the outside....

Luckily - this was one occasion when I had remembered to keep the receipt - though Tesco have proved good in the past and it was duly returned today - to find that it was not a "one off" - all the same colour shirts were constructed the same way - the whole batch of all sizes....

So Tesco have removed them from stock - though they say that no-one else seems to have noticed - but now it is pointed out to them - it is clearly wrong!!!

So - I have a fairly normal blue and white shirt - as all the fancy ones were too small for my bulk...

The garden list up nicely last night with some specials from B & M stores - 240 coloured lights for £6.99. I thought that was good value - may go and get some more :)

Right - better think about these DWP documents

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment