Monday 12 February 2024

12th February 2024 - New Tracker and Kiwi Clipping

Thought for the day :"Now that everyone has a phone for instant photos – where have all the UFO’s gone?"


Rain 29 : Dry 13
Bag 10 still...

A bit of a mixed day really - started really sunny and quite warm, but just managed to get home from walking the dogs before the rain bucketed down.


Crocuses coming out by the mermaid.


Susie got out and clipped the Kiwi and some other small bushes, I will clear up in the next couple of days.




Bit of a problem here - the wall is splitting away and will have to be replaced I think
or at least shored up in some manner


Got my Petfon tracker for the dogs and after an abortive start - in that they have withdrawn the app from Google Store so android users cannot get it easily - but they sent me a further link and that worked okay.

Is not perfect as it has limited distance - but it allows me to set up a safe fence area and a danger fence area - so I get a message any time either of the dogs  go onto the road towards the Romany Caravan. I am less worried about other areas - it is just the main road that really concerns me. 

Allows me to turn a light on on the collar and it will send a ring tone - but it is not that loud so I am not sure what assistance that will be.

It does not require mobile phone signal though so my worst scenario is that I have to move to within 25 meters or so from the animal to show up, though there is a radar option which I will have to try out as well.

So, time for an early night as we are on the road at 2am to get Susie to the Airport by 4am 

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment