Wednesday 19 December 2018

19th December 2018 - Zoom, Parking and Postal Problems

Thought for the day:"I took some Milk of Amnesia earlier, and forgot all about my indigestion!"


I recently looked at some brilliant photographs showing 360 degree pictures of the Grand Lodge in London ... today I found this from Big Pixel in Japan - the ability to zoom in and look closely is quite frightening really .. This claimed to be a satellite picture but looks more likely to be a multi stitched image from the top of a building or drone - but still impressive...   see how close you can get !


I spent a lot of time yesterday chasing the parcel 2 go delivery to Crete for Christmas.  dropped off on the 7th December and the tracking showing clearly that it is at the depot and not moving. After two hours on the phone to both Parcel2Go and the actual courier Parcel Post no-one seemed to know where it was. Parcel Post seemed of the opinion that they had never seen it - so if it was in transit had someone else got it in transit....

Finally went to the post office and after some searching they found the parcel in the corner - un-picked up... Good thing that I paid the extra £1.75 for guaranteed delivery - I should be able to claim my money back after it is delivered - but sadly it may not get there by Christmas now - there only being a few days left. They do claim 3-5 days - but that is not a guarantee and I know how long it takes to clear things through Athens in the past... Oh well a late Birthday and Christmas present for the family I suppose...

there are other ways for delivering so I hear...
New Sports for the summer ?


Easier than taking packages from the front doorstep I suppose...

In other news it seems that Derwent Street is raising its head again over parking...  Another Newspaper trying the story this week ...  more little letters being put onto car windscreens...
Se the story ....

WEST WALES CHRONICLE 18th December 2018

I of course have responded to the paper...

I read your article in the West Wales Chronicle with a degree of Déjà vu..
I was a little surprised that some obvious research had not been done – but such stories always catch the imagination ..
Even if the previous occasions involved spreading of dog faeces under the door handles…

But as you mention in your article the problem persists..
I reside around the corner also – indeed within 25 yards of where I park in Derwent Street, nearer than many who actually reside in the street.
I have a nice collection of the laminated notices – I tend to place them in my windscreen when I park there – which is not always..

I have traced the source of the notes – it is to the angry gentleman who resides in 5 Derwent Street
He is the one who has told me that my car will end up down the lane, and has threatened to damage it, for parking outside his house.
He lives in the last house before the lane, and often parks his car upon the pavement, which in my book used to be an offence …  but there you are…

He is very aggressive, and I ensure that I have not wound him up – I do not want criminal damage to my vehicle..
I do not do personal conflict very well  -

I understand that people feel very possessive about space outside their house.
I sympathise with your source who lives in Pembrey Road – they have no parking
We are the same in New Road – our request for parking spaces outside having just been turned down by the Council.
We have also had our request to be able to use the resident’s parking in Harries Avenue refused – (quite under-used but a source of income to the Council)

I wish you well with your stories..  
You may be interested in my blog from previous days…



Good luck in your copy..

And so another day starts - still got a sore throat - but Susie is recovering from her bronchial cough. Might need to do some housework soon...   The rain is incessant - so will have to go and empty the buckets in the warehouse...  roof not sorted yet ... but I need the Bothy welded .. so quid pro quo I suppose...


Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment