Tuesday 15 May 2018

15th May 2018 - Retirement of Dr JB Lloyd

Thought of the day:"Dog ran off  last night and I spent all night looking - wife says I should look harder.. Shaved my head and got some tattoos but still can't find him "

Announcement today that Dr John Lloyd is to retire as Deputy Grand Master in the Order of Athelstan. Which of course explains the visit to Llanelli by the Grand Team, an opportunity to pay tribute to his work over the years ..

Some nice words being said - which I will repeat here as a good place to record some of the things that he has done...

The Grand Master writes:
At my installation as Grand Master on 28 th May 2013 I had the foresight to appoint R W Bro Dr John B Lloyd, OStJ, Certificate of Merit, GCh, GCSM, as Deputy Grand Master.
Since his appointment as Deputy Grand Master R W Bro John has served both me and the Order with flair, tact, diplomacy and dedication. During the last five years our Order has witnessed changes to the Ritual; the Statutes; the Administration; changes to the boundaries of our Provinces; the Constitution of new Provinces; the highly successful 10-90 Appeal; and numerous other initiatives. Throughout all these changes and initiatives R W Bro John has been both at my side and in the forefront. His sound advice, wisdom and leadership skills have been of immense benefit to the Order, to me personally and to our Brethren. No Grand Master can had a more loyal and conscientious Deputy. It is therefore with a very heavy heart that I have accepted the retirement of my very dear friend and Deputy from the Office which he has filled with distinction at the annual meeting of Grand Court in October. Whilst he will be greatly missed as a Deputy Grand Master, he will still be a most valued advisor to me and the Order.
To know, and have worked with, a Freemason of such wonderful qualities is a privilege.
I know that my sentiments will be unanimously met by members of our Order.
The pages are being filled with further tributes:




Iain Sewell Dr John has been an inspiration to all of us throughout Wales, as our Provincial Grand Master in the Mark Degree, Provincial Grand Master in the Craft and Grand Superintendent in Holy Royal Arch .....In this Order as member of St Elli Court No 12 and our Provincial Grand Master he took Magansætan to the first Province with a full compliment of 10 Courts. Our Pride at seeing him appointed Deputy Grand Master was immense. He has been an unstinting supporter and an inspiration for anyone who aspires to providing excellent ritual... We wish him well in his retirement ....

Malcolm Lane I have the upmost respect for Dr John Lloyd
A most experience and dedicated freemason .I first got to know him when he was PGM in the Royal Order and then when I became PGM in the Craft and MEGS Monmouthshire I got to know him much better and grew to a
ppreciate his wonderful contribution to all his Masonic activities 
I wish him well and every blessing in his retirement 
Fr Malcolm Lane 
Past PGM Superintendent Monmouthshire

Haydn Morgan I count it a privilege to know such a wonderful man



Alun Littlejohns Dr John Benjamin Lloyd is the essence of a Freemason. 
Honest Good and True. He has and will remain an inspiration to me personally. I am no longer a member of the order of Athelstan. However Dr John deserves our utmost respect. May he enjoy his retirement in peace and good health. It’s richly deserved.

Ian Scott In my capacity as a Grand Visitor my first visit was to Aberystwyth and attended both the SC and OSM meetings. John was the DC in both of them and the ritual was so good it gave me a benchmark to set against my other visits. John has been superb in all the Orders he is a member of and has always been friendly and approachable. I wish him well


Martin Marks Dr John B Lloyd epitomizes what Freemasonry is all about, we wish him good health in his retirement as our Deputy Grand Master.



Nnamdi Ezike Congratulations


Dr John with the Grand Master and Provincial Grand Master

and with those few thoughts I lift a glass of Chateau 41 to a long and healthy retirement..
Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment