Friday 27 May 2016

27th May 2016 - Empire Weekend ?? That'll be rain then

Thought for the day :"Sleeping comes naturally to me - I can do it with my eyes closed"

In my memories on facebook today it says that we were washed out and the Swansea show closed in 2008 - funny how these things slip your mind...
Of course - this weekend is Empire weekend which is now notorious for bad weather and mud and rain and the four horsemen of the Apocalypse descending. It was also in the past the weekend for the NSPCC Knockout where we had a couple of good years but to be honest the general weather was pretty foul.

But over the years we raised a lot of money for the NSPCC... This video mentions £850,000, the total for the period was in excess of £970,000 which was pretty impressive and involved a lot of people....



Of course - we never would have done it without the teams ..
 The Dyfed Powys Girls ..
and I do not know who this is but it is a great photo..

Well - I shall not be doing that this weekend - instead I shall be at the Secret Monitor Provincial Meeting - playing the organ int he dry and looking at the weather - and int he evening - playing guitar and singing a few bawdy songs for Wyvern LARP...

It s a hard life..
Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment