Tuesday 24 May 2016

24th May 2016 - Death Count on the Floor

Thought for the day:"People who ask if the glass is half full or half empty are missing the point … The glass is refillable !"

There is a lot to be said for Tesco Vouchers. I know that they only represent the stupid amount of money that I have already spent in one company, and though convenient, I also appreciate that the "value" of the goods purchased may often be dubious when compared to others...  But over the years I was convinced by the money off at the petrol station and on occasion get to use some of the vouchers and points additions that come though the post..

Sadly, on other occasions, the vouchers have expired before they have been used and today I happened to look at a couple of them and saw that I had over £50 worth that would have quietly expired during the month of May  - so only just got in !!

But, though the money has been spent, and in reality it is already my money, it does not really feel like extra money because we tend not to pop into the shops and buy with it ...

But it is this time of the year when I look to see if I can book my trip to Germany - I am not very good at booking ahead of time - ask my wife!! and that is where the book of vouchers arriving from Tesco gives me a little prompt.... Because getting across the channel is not a cheap option ....  Especially in a Campervan ...

A check shows that the cost of travel by ferry is almost exactly the same as cost by eurotunnel - which surprised me a little I will admit... in fact the no frills version is a little cheaper with the same restrictions regarding cancellation as the train. However, it seems that the ferry times are only in the day...  whereas I normally try to travel a fair bit through the night to get to Germany at a reasonable time.

But the big thing is the 3 for 1 swap for the Tesco Vouchers...  The trip out by train will cost £124, and the return trip will be £82 making a total of £206..... But £70 of vouchers (about to expire) gave me £210 worth of travel plans and a couple of quid change ...

So the trip is booked and the on-line passenger information is done - so all we need to do now is to get the Bothy tarted up a little and packed nearer the time ....

So, I quite like Tesco today - though I shall be going to Morrisons as the Famous Grouse is at £15 a litre again - can't fault it...

And now a bit of Silliness
Death Count on the Floor

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment