Friday 3 July 2020

3rd July 2020 - And sold a House

Thought for the day:"Saw a flock of birds all sticking together - Vel-Crows"



LINK JOHNS HOPKINS
Office of National Statistics


So 9.30am and we have completed. 10am - Money in the bank - won't be for log but sure looks good at the moment.


Also achieved our second trip to the  dump. My mother would have been proud.
Got rid of a the old settee and sadly, the Lowrey Tempest would not fire up and so has had to go.
All very civilised at the dump I have to say.
Getting there slowly !!!

Shut-Down Serenade today is Try for the Sun - by Donovan. I have been singing this song since I was 15, though I would have to admit that I was not aware that it was written and sung by Donovan, nor did I know all the verses. Most verses I have sung are bits and pieces of the original - learned while busking London and mainly from other buskers, so a form of Chinese whispers applies. However, the main thing that I discovered while researching for the serenades was that Donovan wrote about the Gipsy Boy and I. Which places a completely different meaning upon the whole song - especially as written int he 60's. However, this is the version I have always sung, with the correct words in places....

Try for the Sun
And so, we wait for Monday to exchange contracts for the purchase of Ffynnon Wen - though they are talking about completion in Friday next - I am hoping to do it more speedily... we shall see..

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment