Sunday 31 May 2020

31st May 2020 - Whovians, and Whatevers

Thought for the day:"Never discuss love with a tennis player – it means nothing to them"


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS
Office of National Statistics



Sunday - 31st May 2020 ...
I have a German Song called "Der Weltuntergang"
It translates as the end of the World and is a favourite for one of my German Colleagues from Mythodea...
He reminded me of it this morning
It translates as:

On 31st May is the End of the World 
We will not live much longer !!
But in which year ? That is not clear!
So we may be here for a long time yet !!..


I'll drink to that !!

So - a few random thoughts for the end of the world day ..
This is not new - but still makes me chuckle - the powers of special effects!

Enjoyed this as a little light relief..

And Who knew there was so much about Doctor Who that I did not know!
Recently I did a Zoom quiz with friends about Doctor Who and surprised myself with how much I actually knew without watching any of the recent series.. but !

I saw this - the complete time line of the Doctor - and stupid me =- I thought the first Doctor was William Hartnell - how could I be so stupid? Apparently there is an entire story line before this - and I begin to understand the principle of the Whovians !!! There is a universe of Nerds out there - but that is okay...


I shall leave this here for posterity - I may dip into it occasionally!!
(Google algorithms - or coincidence - Guardian writes today about the "Lost Episode" where Hartnell first regenerates - apparently destroyed by the BBC to make room for more video tapes...


253 episodes of Doctor Who were broadcast in the '60s, but initially only 156 survived in the BBC archives. Shockingly, that gives Doctor Who a better survival rate than many other contemporary programs. Since the late '70s, the BBC has conducted an intensive effort to recover lost footage, discovering missing episodes through tapes sold to international broadcasters, or occasionally on a home videotape. Thanks to fan efforts, the BBC has successfully acquired a complete audio archive of even the lost Doctor Who episodes. Some have been released by Big Finish as audio-dramas, while the BBC has animated others. This is easiest with episodes set in the present or the future, given that the historical episodes tend to be too detailed for the animators to re-create.

The clip from Hartnell's regeneration has been used many times, incorporated into other stories as a flashback. Even today, fans scour the globe and run campaigns promising lavish rewards to anyone who finds "The Tenth Planet" episode 4. But by this point, a copy is unlikely to ever be found.

And since we are into random thoughts today ...


I understand that some fast food companies are opening up ...
saw this and chuckled..


So, I am not going to mention that we are still losing people too fast, that the Government is re-opening whole sections tomorrow - 1st June (and I have an appointment with the dump!), though the carefully reported staged plan required that we were at level 3 (still on 4), reducing cases, (estimates are that 8,000 a day are catching though where this comes from no-one seems to know), and Track and Trace is fully working ( It goes live tomorrow so get ready for many mistakes)... nor that people decided to jump off the cliffs at Dumbledor - meaning that two helicopters had to land on the beach crowding everyone together (not that they weren't crowded already).. I will not mention that tomorrow allows two family groups to meet socially distanced here in Wales? so no change there really... UK can start with meetings of 10..
Nor that USA is rioting in almost every state, with National Guard deployed in greater numbers than ever before. Trump claims he is going to shut down Twitter - and Twitter fact checks him to say that he cannot do so ...

Not going to mention that Trump has withdrawn from the WHO, is taking special relationship away from Hong Kong to spite China (but hurting Hong Kong more), that Brexit talks are still going... badly! Over a million people have written to MP's for Cummings to be sacked, that the Press still do not seem to have a tactic other than attack anyone, and the Government think it will all go away if they open the schools and shops... Nor that worldwide cases have surpasses 6 million, deaths 370,000 and Trump has cancelled the G7 (First sensible thing I have heard)..No I won't mention any of those things because it is Sunday and Sunny and I am sitting in Wales wondering what Purple Bricks are doing to get my house sold.. 

Meanwhile - I found out that I can post video to Instagram through something called IGTV - Instagram TV I suppose... and allows full videos - so have done nos one and two - the rest to follow

So back to the Studio..  and we are up No 39 - The Other side of Norsca...
Originally "Outward Bound" by Tom Paxton..  Filked a little for Curious Pastimes ... And a Viking touch...


Watched some German friends on Twitch last night - a live streaming system and was flattered by the reception I got when I booked on from Quis et Deus an Austrian Bard who streams regularly and has promised to show me how to do it .. Was very flattering.... Will look at it - but still think I need a better on line broadcast system - maybe the new house...

Cheers ! Stay Safe out there !!






No comments:

Post a Comment