Saturday 6 April 2019

6th April 2019 - Chichester and Yobbish Behaviour

Thought for the day:"Just got a first aid kit. I decided to treat myself."


And in the running Cognitive Bias storyline...

4/ Confirmation Bias

The tendency to search for, interpret, focus on and remember information in a way that confirms one’s preconceptions.

Example Brexiter’s view: all the projections about Brexit destroying the economy haven’t come true; PROJECT FEAR.

Answer by a Remainer:  it’s not actually happened yet. Wait til next Christmas when you’re bartering your last tin of Heinz beans and sausages for a blue inhaler.


Back from my Roadtrip to Sussex.....

Drunken Monk Munchies
Drunken Monk Teddies ready for the journey - crisps and Pickled Pork Pies to keep away the munchies...

Spot the Bothy ...  some random pictures while away ...

Find a spot for the night..
Managed a long haul to Chichester - sadly due to Rush hour and a van fire on the A34, leading to a 6 hour journey in the Bothy, but I finally got to the last Chapter of the last book of the Black Company... I do enjoy Audio Books..   Arriving late allowed me to have a good look around all the car parks in the immediate area of teh Masonic Hall - and the price difference was immense. Bearing in mind that I would be there in the charging period form about 8am until maybe 3pm, the nearest car parks would cost me £13.50 to £15.80...    A search through the car parks found me the Cattle Market car park at £4.80 for a similar period - or to be safe £5.60 for 24 hours...

However - all the car parks also have a clear ruling that there s no permitted camping overnight  and apparently they like to check.  In fact it was just as well I did not risk it - as the area I was going to stop over night at the cheap car park is where I found the weekly street market all set up early the next morning !  So had I chanced it there is no doubt that some stall holder would have been waking me to move the next day... 

However - just around the corner form the Masonic Hall - there was a Loading Area, which was timed from 9am to 5.30pm and was ideally located to town central for an overnight stay. 



However - as it was town centre and there were a number of "yobbish" youths about I decided that the Bothy should go "incognito" and the signs came off overnight. More of Youths later...

Town Centre
The Clock tower  - int he search for Wetherspoons
(and yes I know Mr Wetherspoon is a Brexit Supporter and I do not care!)
 
More Chichester

Found Wetherspoons
 
Lousy wi fi and failed to get the WS app to work - had to go to the bar to order my meal!
Also learned another thing about Wetherspoons - I looked at the price for the wine for my meal (It comes with a free aloholic drink but I wanted a pint of Lager to start) 
And there is not a great price difference - but I though I was walking so a couple of glasses would be nice and I could always take the bottle back to finish int he Bothy .. WRONG!!!!

The top came off so I asked for it. "Can't do that sir - we do not have an off license license so you cannot take anything out...!!!"  "Okay - refund my bottle I will take a glass - I am not going to stay in this noise for the whole bottle on my own" They did so - and asked me to sign the refund... which I did - and then they wanted to check the back of the credit card - (which had been contactless) 
Of course I have not signed my credit card card - so they then wanted me to sign in front of them - which seemed silly and I refused... partly because I was annoyed, partly because I had done a Postman-at-the-door-with-a-silly-scrawly-machine-that is indecipherable and would n't look the same, and it was only for their receipt record and the refund had gone through... I wasn't trying to be awkward - but my meal was going cold because it had arrived at my table (that did not have a number on it - and that was another story) 

So - My Wetherspoons utility kit now includes the following....

Problem Sorted for the future!! 

Meanwhile - the Masonic Hall at Chichester - a fine Masonic Hall in the back streets of the town...
 

And what looks like a Banksy to me ( don't really care if it is or not - just liked the image!)


But I mentioned Yobbish Youths...


So I am strolling down to find the Dolphin & Anchor and as I approach this car park there are three lads and a teenage girl and one of the lads is clearly leaning over the wall with a great smile on his face - letting out the air from the car shown... As I approach he looks up proudly - clearly thinking that this random person approaching can't do anything to stop this needless vandalism...
So I walk straight up to him and tell him "That is enough"  "Stop it" "go away"  at which he starts getting belligerent bust backs off since I clearly am meaning it - and probably using my "Policeman Voice" they head off out of view - and I stroll into the car park to check the prices...  I turn and he is back with his mate looking over his shoulder and they are back doing it - So I walk to them and they back off a little - testing - and I wonder why I bother? And what I can actually do. As they come back I get my phone out and point it at them - which is interesting - as I think to myself - this is the new world - they know phones and things - so it is evidence -  I am presuming to myself that calling the police is unlikely to provide a response...

But the interesting thing as soon as I point the camera is that they all start calling "Paedophile!! There's a Paedophile taking photos" and they run off -  Seems a power thing - I reacll a similar incident when we were doing the NSPCC Knockout and while at Wrexham there were some "traveller" family children who clearly thought they were immune from any adult action by calling "Assualt" "He assaulted me " "you can't touch me !! I will prosecute you"  and clearly most people back away ..

Seemed I was on a hiding to nothing but I waited there and held the camera - I am not sure if they thought I was videoing or taking photos - but they threw some stones at me (only small ones) and threw a bottle down the street and then ran off - I took the photo anyway - they were well gone..

But I decided to take the signs off the van - they had my picture on them and they may recognise... and I am not confident that there are others to stand up to them.. But some car owner was able to drive home that night without pumping up the tyre - and they will never know..

I do not think I like the society that we have these days - I am getting too old for it...

And so - I have a bottle of wine this evening so I can keep the bottle top..
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment