Friday 15 February 2019

15th February 2019 - Travelling, Sunshine and 31st Degree

Thought for the day : "Too many dogs ? Roverdose!"


Well - a couple of fine days travelling around the country - up to Bangor for an installation and collecting the venison for the weekend getaway... Weather so fine on Thursday morning that I found myself sitting in the car park at Bangor in my shirt sleeves having my breakfast outside the Bothy.

Parked up at Bangor Masonic Hall - Wednesday Evening

Bangor Masonic Hall

Maybe a Gin and Tonic and a quick check on the ritual

Thursday Morning - resting in the sun 

View from the Bothy into the woods - Breakfast

En route from Bangor to Aberystwyth

And some nice Views
So back to Aberystwyth for the Scarlet Cord and Secret Monitor where I stood in as DC in the one and ADC in the other...  Managed to find a parking place for the Bothy near Tescos in a back street and home by 11.30pm  - A good day out...

Meanwhile - as I get up this morning I find a letter in the post...


Seems I have promotion in the Ancient and Accepted Rite for England Wales and its Districts and Chapters overseas to 31st Degree....  An unexpected and delightful surprise....   Sadly the meeting is in May and I will be in Crete - but apparently I can now wait until October 21st instead ....

Eye test today - will see how my eyes are doing ....

I think I have a day off from Masonry...  !!!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment