Tuesday 13 March 2018

13th March 2018 - New Tech and Fame

Thought for the day:"Some things are better left unsaid - a fact I normally realise just after I have spoken"

So, another laptop bites the dust...  Done all the main tests on it - the hardware tests fail at Hard Drive test. Windows USB Boot will not affect the machine - so I guess it is a gonner - either way have decided to get another Tesco Special !!!

Have worked a few things out - that One Drive and Drop box will backup the desktop as well - I did not know that... AS I do not use My Documents anymore - it means that the only area that is not backed up is the desktop - so I may be able to fix that as well.

Such are the times we live in that a click on the desktop now means that a brand new lap top should be in the local store by 3pm tomorrow - that is a little scary !

Meanwhile - the hacking couch still attacks when least expected. Had to go out this morning to have a blood test and as the cold air hit me I was doubled up for a few minutes. Sitting here - I have just had a repeat! Clearly not well yet...

But the town has an excellent system now for taking bloods - a full appointment blood letting system - where over the last three occasions I have not had to wait more than 30 seconds on any occasion - walk in - check the name and into the booth! This one was for a fasting test as well - so time to get back and have some breakfast afterwards. Sadly I did not know the young lady who was taking blood as well as she obviously knew me!! She had just finished as Fairy Godmother in the local Pantomime with Denny Twp, and she was recollecting when we were both in Pantomime with Peter Howard when I was Peony the Ugly Sister!!  Yes, he one with a little zeta jones in the chorus ! But the bit that got me was the questions about the re-enactment and whether that was still going and whether we still hung a large spider in our Lobby !!! Well - I smiled and agreed and chatted as normal but I am afraid to say that I had no idea who she was...  It may come back to me....

But it seems that we are all well known as family. Was down in Barton and went out for dinner as usual in the House Martin Restaurant / Pub. As we sat - chatting with the young waitress who knows our order very well now, and who had just changed her hair colouring to what can only be called a pink flame, the manageress came by to chat with us - but mainly "Victor" to check that he was alright. It transpires that the pub got a little worried about him over the snow storms and so they sent "Darren" - one of the lads - to go around and check that he was alright - after they had not seen him for 3-4 days....   What with the decorator friend over the road bringing a meal to him and the next door looking in on him regularly - I think he is in good hands...

Sadly, yesterday was his driving test and the passing of an era for him, as he was tested as "unsafe" in the vehicle. A devastating blow for him, to his independence and self esteem. But a safety measure it must be said to the rest of the village. He was relatively safe - but it was better to hear form a qualified instructor the issues that she saw in has driving. Some 72 years driving - but no more. We are now thinking in terms of finding taxi firms in the area...

Back home,it is cold, but sunny. Finally getting rid of some of the malaise from the 'Flu, and seriously thinking about getting the jabs next year ....

Cheers!




1 comment:

  1. The offer to look at the ever growing collection of door stops
    is still there.

    ReplyDelete