Wednesday 7 March 2018

7th March 2018 - So it seems it might be 'Flu

Thought for the day: "Some people say I have a unique way of lighting up a room - It is called Arson and those people are called Witnesses"

So after a week of Man-Cough - which I have clearly stated is just a very bad cough - probably Bronchitis and though I felt really rough is obviously not anything really "proper" in the illness stakes, and  trip to the Doctor to check that it is something that is best dealt with by rest and fluids and keeping warm and paracetemol - thought I never take them normally - the headaches were bad...

and not being really able to check whether the illnesses were made worse by the lack of alcohol to soothe the symptoms - having gone cold turkey the first day, and the removal of all caffeine (Diet Coke to you - I don't do Coffee - it makes me excitable and talkative) and could account for the headaches on their own

and finding that though I tried hard not to spray in every direction - the hacking cough really made Susie's chance of survival practically zero - and that she started on the downward trend over the last two days and the symptoms are not pleasant

and unlike me I have been sleeping 18 hours a day but having trouble actually getting to sleep due to overactive brain cells - not the worrying type - I have had those in the old days, no, the I think I will just keep rattling off about all sorts of things while the rest of your body just wants to capitulate entirely and surrender

So Susie decides to do the obvious thing - well obvious to her when it comes to any form of medical ailment - she sort of looked up the symptoms...
  • a sudden fever – a temperature of 38C or above 
  • aching body 
  • feeling tired or exhausted 
  • dry, chesty cough 
  • sore throat 
  • headache 
  • difficulty sleeping 
  • loss of appetite 
  • diarrhoea or tummy pain 
  • nausea and being sick
So seems that my Man-Cough might actually have been the Flu that everyone is worrying about ...
Well - a little better today ... Cancelled all appointments for the week except a trip to Cardiff on Saturday 

Managed a piece of toast this morning and a glass of water...   Living it up !!!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment