Sunday 3 September 2017

3rd September 2017 - Of Firepits and Smoking

Thought for the day:"If I wanted to kill myself I would climb your ego and plunge to your IQ"

Sunday and it is raining - seems that Summer has been and gone ....
But we had a good couple of days int he week...

Don't often use the firepit in the garden - but family visiting seemed like a good idea for Gin and Tonics and German Beer from Mythodea and a few flames... Of course, the one big log that you put on the fire will be the one that will suddenly belch forth smoke in great plumes, and this will happen just as the wife comes through the front door and rushes around closing the windows and doors - which would have been fine if the smoke had not already been inside the house!!
A couple of pieces of paper form the hamper should have fixed it but the earlier experiment with an hour of making paper logs to my grand-parents design and specification had shown me that the paper might be a tad damp and the lighting exercise was improved by a liberal use of cooking oil, so the extra ignition took a few minutes to kick in!!

As a result - when the flames were reaching to the skies and the smoke was gone - it was all trapped inside the house - leading to a situation where I was rushing around opening the windows to let the smoke out as she was rushing around closing them. I wouldn't mind so much but I had been complaining that the wood burner from next door had allowed a tiny bit of wood smoke into the bedroom - and I was now responsible for the whole house smelling like a bonfire - not bad really - quite like the smell now !!!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment