Monday 23 November 2015

23rd November 2015 - Almost a Film Star - Break a Leg


Thought for the day: "I didn't mean to press all your buttons - I was looking for the mute"


Found something new today - I have been walking the boards for many years and doing much in the way of Am - Dram ( Amateur Dramatics ).. Always said before going on stage "Break a Leg" - and never really thought much about its meaning.. Wiki tells me there are many possible reasons but I rather liked this one...


In the days of Vaudeville, companies would book more performers than could possibly make it onstage, but would only pay those who performed. Since the Renaissance, stage curtain legs have been used as part of the masking in proscenium theatres, which remain the most popular style of theatre to this day. Thus, to make it on stage, one had to enter the line of sight of the audience or "break a leg", to be paid

Seems like many actors end up "resting" - waiting in the corners in case you get the job and appear on stage and get paid...

My own current TV / Film work is going for strength to strength. A full day's filming of Da Vinci Demons - and there is half a second of my left shoulder on screen. £95 (less tax and £20 commission). I suppose I "broke a leg" .. I did get paid...  Means my Filmography - is 6 seconds in the Henry Vth - as "The Barrowman" and this...

Never mind... St Elliw Chapter this evening - start of a busy week - middle of a busy fortnight...
Glass of Chateau 41 (Red) this evening - have to be up early in the morning - a filling in my front tooth has fallen out - need to get to emergency dentist tomorrow ..

A Toothy Grin and "Cheers" to you all..
 


No comments:

Post a Comment