Saturday 21 June 2014

21st June 2014 - The stopping power of Solstice...

Thought for the day:
"I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian."


So a happy Solstice to everyone and the official start of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere. I am not at Stone Henge. I am not doing much today - but do have an old college friend coming to stay from New Zealand - and so we at 41 are doing our best to combine the Northern and Southern Hemispheres on this auspicious day.

Because Solstice actually means the Sun Stops. I recall the old statement that a train stops at a Railway Station, a Bus stops at a Bus Station - I am at a workstation ....... 

Other things have luckily stopped. The frenzy of the World Cup for example. Having managed to avoid almost all of it - though having to keep the telly off more than usual to manage this, the good old spirit of British fair play has bitten the dust with the English attitude that "Well we've been knocked out at the beginning so the whole competition is rubbish"  and a faint hope that they may get re-instated because a referee is thought t have taken bribes.. Yes - a spirit of fairness in sport has also stopped.

Which allows me to post my two favourite pictures of the World Cup...

Well I thought it was funny - and of course - being a modern society we have to think of the Green Factors (see what I did there ??) and the opportunity to recycle..
So the sun rises on the solstice and sets on the Empire....  Keep Calm and Carry on !!
Cheers !

 -o0o-
Place and sign of the day 



No comments:

Post a Comment