Monday 31 March 2014

31st March 2014 - Avoiding Showers and on Line Traps ..

Last day of March - April Fools tomorrow. I intend to be up and traveling before the April tricksters catch up with me, a distant journey up to Hartlepool tomorrow...

Today was a day for dashing between the sudden rain storms. Early call to get mother's car to the garage for a bit of welding to get through the MOT. Popped into town to do some Probate banking - and forgot to take a coat. Lloyds Bank, skies opened - so popped into one of the cheaper stores to shelter. Just as well I did - Diet Coke at 79p a bottle. I would never have thought of going in before but a lot better than the ASDA Morrisons Tesco run trying to find the 2 ltr bottle at 2 or 3 for £2 or £3 - aiming at the £1 a bottle.

And I noted in ASDA today that the bottles are going down in size to 1.75 ltr for a pound. This is another scam in my view. reduce the size of the bottle and put an attractive price..  I was walking into town so only bought a couple of 79p bottles - was  all I could get into my trusty body warmer (better than any handbag for Mary Poppins style storage!) but managed to pop out later in the car and get another 10 bottles..

Transferred some money - probate style, and dashed between the showers... Picked up the car and popped up to Maplin. I had managed to throw away the money off vouchers that arrived this month. For the first time there was something I fancied in the special offers - an in car camera for filming the idiots on the road .... But when I went up to Maplin it appeared that the purple£5 off voucher was for February.. The Red one I found in a pocket was January !  So no help there either !! No - apparently it should be light blue!!  And I have no idea where it is ...  I remember folding it up - will come to light in June no doubt...

But an email to the Maplin Customer Service say that I shall be refunded if I buy - so I popped up this afternoon and bought the little item - will send the proof of purchase later tonight to see if I get refunded...

So I am quite happy with them, but less happy with Amazon - who seem to be trying to sneak something called Amazon PRIME onto unsuspecting customers..  It seems that when buying a giant simple TV remote for mother in law earlier in the month, we must have clicked on something for a free next day delivery... Seems this free delivery option cost £49 for a service called Amazon Prime - free delivery for a year and something about streaming vids and dvd which we did not want and were not aware of!

Luckily I was checking the credit card transactions with my normal anal intensity and found £49 which I checked with the card company and then went to Amazon Dispute Centre....  Well with the speed with which they refunded the money it is clearly a common claim / dispute.. I just winder how many people do not examine their cards that closely !! In fairness - I only really noticed as it is an Amazon Card that I only use for Amazon Sales - which I took out as it gave me a £10 off first transaction and pays off monthly with no interest....

You have to stay on top of these people !!!

Popped back from Maplins and got the Bothy out to put the mattress and bedding in and get ready for the journey tomorrow ..  And the skies opened !!  I mean Really ! Not just the showers of the day - but a real - let's sit in the car for a while cos I do not want to get out for a couple of seconds type downpour!

So the Van stayed in front of the house for an hour! I simply think that if it is raining that hard - then the Traffic wardens are certainly not paid enough to be out in that weather !!!

Rain finally stopped enough to get the Bothy packed away int he back.  and then the most wonderful sunset - red and golds.. Apparently dust form the sahara is blowing all over us. I remember this being something in Teneriffe but never in the UK ...  Must be a sign of changing weather systems ...

So - off tomorrow to Hartlepool. Looked all evening trying to find a decent response for the visitors - think I will have to wing it ...    Unlikely to Blog much tomorrow as not going to be on line ....

So Happy April First ..... for tomorrow

Monday - so uploaded this weeks Cover Pages...
Rather like this one for its warmth and mix of images...

New Logo as well
Enjoy the last moments of March....

No comments:

Post a Comment