Saturday 22 April 2023

22nd April 2023 - Sir Thomas of Acon

Thought for the day :"Sadly we've lost some of our local businesses recently - the brake-pad shop has come to a halt"


Carmarthen today to go into the chair of St Thomas of Accon 




I have photos from January 2000 at Margam Abbey so I have been in the Order at least 23 years to get to the Chair. In searching further I see a document of the History of Sir Rice Mansell mentioning the consecration, and that document is dated 2018!!  Howver it still does not state when the chapel was consecrated. I know I have some photos of the consecration somewhere but cannot find them in my indexes at present. Work in Progress.

Had local electrician Barri Davies come to the house today to look at giving us a quote for the installation and he clearly knows far more about the business - and gives me confidence- we shall see how his prices compare but I am inclined to go with the local business and local knowledge. 
Looks as though we will have a go ahead !

and so we finish the day with some interesting fungus



Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment