Saturday 4 September 2021

4th September 2021 - Chutney and Roses

Thought for the day :"Trying to contact the Anglers' Association but they just tell me to 'Please hold the line' "

So.. Who knew that there were on line limits to payments from Banks - well at least from Nat West...
This is how it goes .. We have sold the house and there is no investment opportunity that we have for some of the money - but I have always favoured Premium Bonds, so decided to add some premium bonds. Hit a problem in that the premium bond site NS&I have our old address so tried to which I pointed out was solved yesterday.

However - Susie wanted to pay for the new pup - of course without letting me know the cost as I have firmly said that we will not pay more than £50 for a dog ...  but I set up the payment links and she goes for it with the card reader and the card - the money is in her account ...

Then it tells us that we have used up our daily amount - £20K in buying the Premium Bonds - and that you cannot make any more payments until the next working day - which would be Monday. Normally I think this would not have happened if I paid from my personal account but because I used the joint account - it also put a limit on Susie... And, sadly,because I hit the limit when I bought Susie's premium bonds I had to put that transaction on to Monday - which means that our account is blocked for any payments until Tuesday and we pick up the puppy tomorrow - hmm will have to think this one out !!  Maybe a cheque book still has a use - if they will accept it ...   

But in other news we had a visit from Andy and Janadar and Calliope and Orion and showed them around the homestead and had a lovely salad lunch. Forgot to take any photos - silly me...

But the roses were out for their second blooming so took some piccies of that later..#






And Susie has been busy with her disaster over the outside Tomatoes and the Tomato Blight
This is the result - Green Tomato Chutney ...





And so - some Dahlias c/o Chris and Vicky Madigan 


And so to bed 
and a thought to go to bed with ... Pronunciation..  (for posterity) 




Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment