Saturday 23 May 2015

23rd May 2015 - The Barley Mow

Thought for the day : "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, you love a boomerang."

Was a day of achievement yesterday .. Well of things that are not particularly important..

A while ago I videoed some friends from Germany while they did a "parlour Gig" at the Tollgate. I recorded a series of their songs and posted them upon the Sheep Channel (The tube of Ewes), and enjoyed their peculiarly unique German Irish renditions.

During the course of the evening I filled in at one point with a favourite of mine - the tongue twister song called the "Barley Mow" which I tend to do as a tipsy snger - something that is clearly not true due to the difficulty of the song itself - but it is fun to play it that way...

Only this week did I find out that one of my friends Sebastian had actually videoed most of the song on his phone - one of those great things that you can do these days!!...

It was very dark so needed a bit of adjustment and is a little grainy - but it was still quite fun ...

and so I share it today ...


Drives you to drink doesn't it !!

Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment