Thursday 15 August 2013

15th August 2013 - Starting the clean up ....

Well the weather tricked me this morning by pretending to be dry, until I got up with an element of determination to get down the garden and finally do something with the garage - and empty the Bothy. That worked pretty well as the dogs and I made our way down the garden - chickens scattering to left and right as the dogs charged down, and interestingly, though Delft spends all day every day with her nose pressed to the gate watching the chickens - she actually took no notice of them while they were on the path - only once they were behind the fence again !!

Down to the Bothy - and opened all the doors and the garage doors ready to find a way into the garage to store Bertha the tent.

And then the skies opened and water came down like stair rods..   Of course the dogs were far too stupid to get under cover on their own volition, and Delft getting a little deaf meant that I had to go out and get wet to persuade them to jump into the van to stay dry...

Dodging the showers, I slowly managed to clear half the garage, allowing me to unload the framework and canvass for the tent. At which point, filthy and hot and bothered I decided to call it a day and see what I could do on the computer after a shower .........

So - we will see if I can get another video sorted today  - and maybe a few more photographs from Germany - Only another 600 to sort !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment