Tuesday 18 January 2022

18th January 2022 - Another day ... Starting on the Workshop

Thought for the day :"Someone broke into my house and stole 20% of my couch. Ouch!"


General update...
As the pallets are not with us - it was time to start work upon the workshop.
It is one of the jobs that I have been putting off since moving everything out of the Tavern.
But it was time to start in one corner and start getting some shelving up - a work top and start sorting the screws, nails and the hoards of "bits" that form my collection. 
A time to thing about sorting the tools into manageable and accessible locations - and if possible keep it logical so that I can find "things" when I want them.
Like the Tavern - it is a case of getting worse before getting better ...

But these are the "before" pictures... we have to start somewhere ..




Started the day going to Newcastle Emlyn to the Computer shop - where a nice lad called Stuart was able to take my tablet apart and put it back together in a working fashion. A well spent £25 as far as I was concerned as it was ready mid afternoon and in fully working fashion.

Battery Charger arrived - in fact two arrived !
Seems that when they cleared the payment on the Tesco Credit Card for one - they cleared both so two orders went through. I shall see how the returns policy with Hermes works tomorrow on the way to Cardigan (Susie has Physio). Seems to be a fairly simple method of return..

Battery charger set up in the Landrover and seems to be quite a slow charger - but it is an "intelligent" one and cannot over charge - so left it on for most of the day. Now quite fully charged yet so will pop it on again tomorrow. However - the Landy started and was running fine - so looks as though we are going to be okay. 

Had a visit from the Sweetmans, David an Jeanette. Just a social visit for a cup of tea and a quick tour of progress. Nice to have visitors. But means that after walking the dogs and collecting the tablet - the day had really gone. Just time for an hour practise on the guitar, dinner and a game of Cribbage.
Damn - life is hard!

Also spent an hour on the phone to Barclays bank to try to get the conclave debit card renewed. In classic Bank system I needed the card to get access to the latest statements and could not pass the security questions as they wanted to know details of transaction in the last 30 days.
Tomorrow I have to go to the bank in Cardigan with ID and get them to change the address and give me the last statements so I can apply to get the card sent to me - so I can hand over the account!!! It is a nightmare again!!.  At least with this one if we can get the card renewed then the on line banking will make things easier. I think!

So a puppy Piccie
Cheers !


 

No comments:

Post a Comment