Saturday 14 December 2019

14th December 2019 - Songs of the Factions - the Lance


Thought for the day: "Scientists have grown human vocal chords in a petri dish – the results speak for themselves"

Royal and Select District Meeting at Swansea today ....  Susie kindly got up at 8am to drive me to the station - it was blowy and very cold !!!
Arrived at Swansea and found a colleague awaiting the arrival of a taxi so did not have to drive to the Hall.
Nice meeting - quickie installation for Ambat Zaphan - a "Order Leaders" council and then the District meeting - playing the large three manual Swansea Organ ...  Fun - though difficult to keep the volume down to a minimal....


Managed to get a lift to the station afterwards - which was also good - but sadly the train was running a half hour late so I popped into the Grand Hotel for a quick pint... Not only was I Whammed - the bar staff had never heard of it so were not even trying to protect their customers... 


Back home  to find that Vic has had a fall - or at least we believe so - he does not remember ! Driven down through some horrendous weather, flooding and trees down and somehow managed to miss my turning while listening to the audio books - and having no idea where I was - followed the sat nav as it took me up the A36 to Lyndhurst before bringing me back into New Milton ...

Never mind - here now - turned the heating down from 35 degrees - used a wet towel to wrap around his wrist and looking for the Minimal Injury Unit in Lymington tomorrow morning ...

Meanwhile - in other news - finished a master version (on line mastering with Landr) of the new series "Songs of the Factions - The Lance - I wish I was back home in Deira"


A new series from Vollanger starting at Christmas 2019 - Songs of the Factions Curious Pastimes Live Action Role Play system - and we start with a song for the Lance, a group within the Lions Faction .. "I wish I was back home in Deira" Based upon the music of Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" this song tells of the battle against the Lich Maldred, and a last stand upon the Bridge at Preston. With thanks to David Young for his "Diary" of the battles, and to Oliver Facey, Steve Mitchell, Pete Scott, Slender Productions and any other unattributed photographs taken from Facebook records. "The Lance" written, arranged, played, recorded, mixed and mastered by Vollsanger in a basement. Additional photography by Vollsanger

Deira

It seems like a dream how life was serene
Back in the sweet land of Deira,
But I joined with them all as we heeded the call
To battle the lifeless and Terror
In rusty old armour and I took up a sword
Our family and folk left in sorrow
Our banners unfurled as curses we hurled 
On Maldred, and thoughts of tomorrow 

Oh - Oh - I wish I was back home in Deira
Oh Oh - I wish I was back home in Deira

We were heavily pressed in that hell they call Preston 
As bodies piled where we were lying 
I’m sure that I screamed woken still in a dream 
Of a vision that saw us all dying 
The sun burned cruel as we dished out the gruel
Some died by the sword some by fever
More dying each day as we slowly gave way
How many will meet the deceiver  

I cursed them to hell but their dead numbers swelled 
To the bridge like a moth in the firelight 
Their numbers so great and we all knew our fate
Our souls would be theirs by twilight
But soldiers and farmers and butchers and barmen
And Templars and youngsters all forming
Shoulder to shoulder the young and the older
Fought through a night without dawning 

Deira’s a place that was hell for our race
We fought against undead and slavery
The great and the good on that Bridge they all stood 
Neither wind nor rain care for bravery
The years have gone by, some lived but most died
My comrades ghosts all walk beside me
As Lance I came – and I’m still the same
Here with the war-host you'll find me

It seems like a dream how life was serene
Back in the sweet land of Deira,
But I joined with them all as we heeded the call
To battle the lifeless and Terror
The years have gone by, some lived but most died
My comrades ghosts all walk beside me
As Lance I came – and I’m still the same
Here with the war-host you'll find me

CHORUS

Cheers..







No comments:

Post a Comment