Monday 2 December 2019

2nd December 2019 - Blood and Frivolita Cards

Thought for the day :"My wife wants an infinity pool .. It never ends does it !!"


MIxed feelings today regarding Welsh Blood Service. I am quite gladdened by the fact that they have organised so well that they can have an appointment system which would appear to fill the places available at a\ Blood-Giving session. However as an O Neg blood type - the universal donor, I am badgered with messages asking me to ensure that I will attend the sessions ...  and so it goes into my dairy, but I am unlikely to do an on-line appointment as I am not sure what my availability will be on the day. You cannot book on the day - even for the afternoon session, as they download the appointments the day before..  but they advertise as an appointment and Walk - in Session, so I duly walk across town in the Cold, which is probably good for me as I get a good warmth up - which must mean a calorie or two has been gently burned, and present myself. Now - I do not expect to jump the queue at all and have brought a book with the anticipation that I shall have to wait a while to be "slipped in".

I even have brought my Blood Donor Card which I have found during the search for the Eye - Lashes - which I can now inform you was successful...  Susie found them behind my work table among the rubbish - where I have searched and looked and tidies at least three times but that is another story.. Found the paying in Books as well!!  but also my Blood Card.  

However, I am informed that there is no way that they can squeeze anyone in and they are not taking "walk-ins". 

So I have mixed feelings that they have organised so well that they are turning donors away and then pulling on the guilt strings if you have not given - especially in the run up to Christmas ...

Oh well - rant over ... (It was only a small rant)  

Got to the Bank and that was as important - especially as I was 10p out in the calculation, and the teller looks at me and tells me "Bring it in next time .. You are here enough that we trust you". That was unexpected !!  I actually found a 50p piece in my jacket but it was nice to know that rather than change the paying in slip, they decided to trust me for next time ...

In other news... Election fever continues..

had to chuckle - 
And in the Studio...





Sound version 1 finished - I think  - starting on the video now ..

Cheers 


No comments:

Post a Comment