Friday 3 October 2014

3rd October 2014 - And Weeping Angel Barbies...

Thought for the day: "I don't really get math jokes... probably because they're not an integral part of my life."

I have some random Fridays - or rather I have some random days and one seventh of them may be a Friday... This is one of them I think....
In my news feed I find that model makers can be really strange on occasion and can choose all sorts of inspirations for their art...  In this case it seems that Doctor Who and the strange case of the weeping angels, those inanimate sculptures that can only move if you are not looking at them, have inspired one individual. In TV terms of course it was a really slick way of not having to animate a monster or dress it up in fancy costume. Take some still shots and some scary music and flash them onto the screen every few seconds.

But here, the decision was to take some standard Barbie Dolls, and dress them up and paint them with stone texture paint and there you go....
In fact, as the limbs can be moved around, they are in some ways more effective than the TV versions..  and probably as scary to any young child hiding behind the sofa....
So, my Friday is summed up by the recollection of my daughters innocently playing with their barbie dolls in the back garden of "Old Surveyors" and the smell of burning plastic... Yes, girls!!  You know what we are talking about....

So while I wait for the Bothy to be released from penury - yo umay wish to have a look at how they were made...

Original Barbie Weeping Angel Blog Site

Cheers !!

 -o0o-
of old time religion

No comments:

Post a Comment