Thursday 15 May 2014

15th May 2014 - In search of Trailers

Thought for the day : "It was the biggest spider in the world :  I met my Arachnorok!!"

The next stage of the Box Move is to get a trailer to sort move everything. This should be relatively easy one would think. Find a reputable trailer firm that you have worked with before and hire for a week. Of course, if they do not want to answer the phone then it is quite possible that the phone will be on continuous engaged. I am not saying that they have taken it off the hook, but it seems to be a very long call!!

Option two is to look for another branch of said reputable company, and if it happens to be a little closer than Carmarthen then all well and good. Well it seems that Swansea is 11 miles away rather than 17 which makes them closer5 and they are a larger depot so they are likely to have a box trailer there. Indeed it turns out that they do which is all well and good until I check the price with them. They want £180 for the week or £50 a day as opposed to Carmarthen wanting £130 and £35 respectively. Ahh - I think to myself they must have a larger trailer for hire - but no - apparently as they are a larger depot they have higher overheads and therefore charge more for the same item - though they are the same company !!

So I am currently waiting for Carmarthen to answer an email I have sent them asking them to put the phone back onto the cradle or call me !!

I think it may be a long wait !!!

A check on Ebay shows some rather nice trailers for sale - but the one that looked best was going for £360 but was in Cambridgeshire so another 560 mile round trip - Maybe not!!!

But on the subject of boxes I have some inspiration..

Must Try harder !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment