Wednesday 14 May 2014

14th May 2014 - Of storage Found

Thought for the day : "If you can’t convince them, confuse them."

Day started with a distinct lack of future prospects..
Finishing with a very different tack to be honest ...
But let me go back to the start....

To begin.. at the beginning....  well - maybe not that far back...

I have a plan...  It is a weird and wonderful plan and a good example of what I am good at .. Ideas! Getting it into reality may be something that will take a little more application that I am capable of - but then I do have some good support...
The problem - I now have a desiore to be an entertainer - and for me that includes having my 6 string guitar as well as a 12 string for extra volume, I am starting back with the banjo, love my autoharp - am still working on the 16 string lyre, have a banjo ukele in a case, and my travelling guitar...


In Germany last year - I found it very difficult to carry the 12 and 6 string around with a stand through the heat of the Mythodean countryside...


So, I had the idea of a music box - a store for my instruments that I could take around with me - that would collapse and fit into the Bothy ..  And then I thought of an answer... A golf Caddy !!!


It is designed to cover all terrain - carry a certain amount of weight - the larger ones would carry a lot of golf clubs... and they fold up ... All I need is to create  a storage unit to fit on the frame...


While strolling around town with the intention of visiting all of the estate agents looking for new storage rental I chanced upon a second hand golfing shop that I had not noticed before..  I called in an started examining the various caddies there. The helpful owner approached me with the obvious intention of discussing golf and handicaps and my golfing requirements - to which I admitted my lack of knowledge of  the sport and to be honest the lack of any interest as well!!


As I started to explain my purpose for a caddy to carry instruments, another shopper, with whom I am well acquainted who is also a drummer started getting enthusiastic about the idea ...  and so we sat talking about how to safely attach guitars to caddy's ... It was quite surrealistic...


During the course of the conversation I mentioned my problems with storage, after all that was my main reason for trawling the estate agents, and a number of options came up..  To which a mention of a common friend who owned the local Caravan Site, and who had just opened a new Bar and Leisure area so the old one was probably not being used for a while....   which might be appropriate for storage ...


Result !!

A few phone calls and a new warehouse option is available.. Only have to transfer everything over the next few days ...  So Special thanks to my mate Phil for allowing me access until October - an extension of 3 months on my previous terms...

Oh... I bought the caddy ..
Have to work out how to construct the music box now -  think it need a special shelf and storage for a bottle of Gin and two bottles of tonic...  maybe some solar lights as well ...    hmm


I'll drink to that !

The task ahead.....












No comments:

Post a Comment