Saturday 6 February 2021

6th February 2021 - A Day in the Garden

Thought for the day :"My wife asked me if I could clear the kitchen table... I had to get a running start but I made it!"

Was meant to be a wet and windy day - but in fact it was fairly mild allowing me to get out to do a few jobs ...

But a walk around with a poorly 'Thena (now beginning to eat again but still having toilet troubles) and I saw that the crocus are sprouting on the mermaid mound... 


a closer look


With the Honda caterpillar truck, the mulcher and the chain saw away for service/ repair I had the opportunity to get into the garden machinery shed and finish the job of hanging the tools...  Fairly happy with this task thought will need to be buying some more screws soon I think 

View from the other end

So - continued with the job of painting the shed walls - not easy as there is a lot of chicken wire meaning it is hard to reach a lot of the panels  - but we are getting there - a bit every day will get us to the end of the list ..

Also need to trim the bushes - so that I could get behind them - photo to follow later, forgot to take the "after" picture this time - normally it is the other way round - forgetting to get the "before" picture.


Down in the Peacock enclosure Zsa Zsa (or is it Marlene - can't tell them apart) has started displaying...


Meanwhile - back at the strawberry beds - Susie's Christmas Present from me - the Apricot Tree has finally been planted and stretched along the framework.



In other news - the water level ion the Troll Pond had dropped for some reason. Investigation showed that there was a crack in the one of the slates in the corner and after clearing the mud it makes a natural drain hole. Will have to cement some rocks in but may consider some form of sluice...
   

all in all a reasonable day in the Garden ...
Only a few days I think until the daffodils start flowering - there are snow drops coming on the banks. Tomorrow we may clear some more of the brambles at the back of the house as the bank is covered in bulbs under the growth ...   Really could do with that mulcher!!

Decided to try using paper for the Chickens in the laying boxes, found my mother's old shredder and was clearing paper to make paper bricks - but decided that we could use the paper as an alternative to straw or hay...  We seem to have a few laying again so we need somewhere for them to go ...

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment