Sunday 21 February 2021

21st February 2021 - Mending slowly - I hope

Thought for the day :"A horse walks into a bar... Show jumping at its worst."

A mainly wet thought decidedly warmer day today. Sadly, headache and pain behind eye still very prevalent as well as a very annoying itch in the scalp - thought it was goin down but seems not to be.

Managed to stay up for most of the day but succumbed to a couple of Paracetamol and a nap and a lovely stew for dinner - for which I sadly had little appetite.

In other news I have broken the 15 stone target and am dabbling around the 14 stone 13 which is good news - though I expected similar when I did a few weeks dry - though I had planned the 29th to 31st February this year.  May also be something to do with the cutting out of the cheese and biscuits each night and sadly I have 6 Melton Mowbray mini pork pies festering iont he fridge. 

The Duck eggs are no longer turning and are now rocking and cheaping - so we will have to sort the shed out tomorrow - didn't have the energy today. Will not be the full scale sort that I had envisaged - but just a push stuff around until there is room for the brooder. Energy is still a little short.

Decided to go for a metal gateway - the wooden ones are too expensive at the moment. We have a 12 ft gap so we will get a double gate 3ft high and two posts to set into the concrete.

I think that they will go well with the building ..

Another thing that will go well with the building is the Historic Plaque that arrived yesterday care of my wonderful daughters..

Fame at Last..

Only fair I Suppose to record such matters

A quick look around the garden for Sunday ...
 
Susie has the pototoes chitting

sitting on the window sill to get the light and heat 

First Snow Drops

shoots coming out 

snowdrops

snow drop bank 

other stuff flourishing

Dragons

Statues

Crocuses and the Mermaid

(Pictures form 18th - not been up to posting since then)

Enough for one day 
Cheers !




 

No comments:

Post a Comment