Friday 18 December 2020

18th December 2020 - T'was a Dark and Stormy Night

Thought for the day :"My wife and I had a big argument last night. She called me gullible and financially irresponsible! Wait until she hears I've won the Nigerian lottery..."



LINK JOHNS HOPKINS

Office of National Statistics


 

Not sure how these figures are affected by the 11,000 "lost" stats...

 



Blaenau Gwent - 89
Caerphilly - 224
Monmouthshire - 68
Newport - 182
Torfaen - 131
Anglesey - 6
Conwy - 15
Denbighshire - 18
Flintshire - 55
Gwynedd - 13
Wrexham - 78
Cardiff - 269
Vale of Glamorgan - 105
Bridgend - 225
Merthyr Tydfil - 124
Rhondda Cynon Taf - 297
Carmarthenshire - 219
Ceredigion - 36
Pembrokeshire - 54
Powys - 36
Neath Port Talbot - 185
Swansea - 283
Unknown location - 23
Wales total- 2,735
Residents outside wales - 66

When I moved to Rhydlewis, I knew that I had always wanted to hear the sound of running water - and I was expecting the rush of the river,  the house is called Ffynnon Wen - meaning White Spring, and there is a water course that comes under the road and down pipes towards the river that give another rushing sound... but the incessant rain recently means that we have the sound of rain hammering down most of the time. Don't get me wrong - I managed to get up the lane to walk the dog and it was only spitting, but the winds are howling and the rain lashing down - though in fairness it is not cold.

The wood burners are at full tilt - and I am listening to the weather - always better than sitting in a battered old marquee and wondering if I should go out and check the guy ropes - times move on.


HOw high's the water Mama!

16 ft and rising 
(well not really - it's just a song)

a little rain...

A little trip in the rain ...

In other news - I found a couple of pictures of the warehouse section that has been cleared...



Empty tomorrow with luck and back on Sunday..

Cheers !

  





No comments:

Post a Comment