Tuesday 8 December 2020

8th December 2020 - Travellers and Salads

Thought for the day :"Why is there only one monopolies commission?"


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS

Office of National Statistics


Carmarthenshire 47
Ceredigion 4
Pembrokeshire 8




Susie went on a Hedgehog Fostering Course today and is now qualified to foster hedgehogs for the West Wales Hedgehog Rescue.. seems we may have some visitors it eh future. Thinking of going for the full course in the Spring... Ffynnon Wen may end up as a Hedgehog Respite Centre!

I started unloading the trailer but the rain beat me and I gave up half way through - tomorrow is another day...

However - as I was clearing the car so Susie could head off a blue van comes up the lane and stops at the drive to ask if I had any scrap - or batteries.. I said No - and they drove off - but Susie asked if I had got the number and I thought - silly me - so I jumped into the car and followed - or rather guessed where they had gone as they seemed to be going pretty fast - out onto the Road at Nant y Brenin and made a guess and turned left towards Brynhoffnant. They were travelling fast which seemed strange if they were going up lanes like ours - so got near enough to see that they were heading for Glynarthen - again a very small road - and traveling fairly fast now - got close enough to get a couple of pictures and the registration number. Dropped back then =- it was a small lane and they probably would have recognised the car chasing them ..  They got to the main road and turned right towards Brynhoffnant  so I left it - I had what I wanted - the Reg Number... 



Just like old days !!
Called it in via 101 just in case - it was bad enough when we lost Idris - it could have been any similar van driving up lanes for no good reason...  It was distinctive - so could be good for a stop ...
Talked to the operative in the Call Centre and asked if they were still using STORM - the computer system I put in. He said yes and when I told him he said that I was the one to blame. Sadly I had to agree - never liked the system. The one I wrote before was far better !!

But a good feeling came afterwards when "Amy" from Cardigan Police Station called to follow up - thank for the information and say that it would be very useful information. That made me feel better - that was the policing that I tried to introduce in 30 years working this area. Only down side was that she asked if I got any of the registration number - so she had obviously not read the full transcript - but I gave it again and told her that I had a photograph. Still a better "police" experience for once....

In other news - Pilgrim sent us a Mistletoe - a craft flower which she had decided to send out for people to have a Kiss and send pictures - we did 

Oh well !!! 



And got into the festive spirit - sort of - with a Christmas tree on the outside Shed and the only outside lighting that we brought from 41 - seem a little sad that the only lighting I have is Pink !!! And not a Green One 


And dinner tonight was Tagliatelle - and though it is December - Susie managed to find a selection of salad form the Greenhouse.. We will never starve...



In other news - this came up about Christopher Lee - I thought it was worth sharing ..

Cheers !





No comments:

Post a Comment