Sunday 13 December 2020

13th December 2020 - Bird 'Flu plans - Mulled Wine and More rain!

Thought for the day:"What’s made of brass and sounds like Tom Jones? “Trombones” "

LINK JOHNS HOPKINS

Office of National Statistics

No Daily Data today - web-page down for maintenance ....

And for a Sunday - a day of rest - it has been very wet and very busy.

Susie was under the weather, so I was up earlier than normal to let the Chicks and Ducks to and feed the peacocks.

Having go tup - it seemed the best idea to start on the second stage of netting in the Chicken runs for Avian 'Flu - the regulations come into force tomorrow. The rain was relentless - but that is what waterproofs are for - though in fairness they are not as waterproof as one would probably wish.

But - the task was there to be had...




Got his far before finding out that the roof poles that I had used are the wrong poles and therefore make the roof too big for the PVC coverings. It has made a better pen and works well - but I had intended to use the Party Tent frontage even thought we had not put the sides up as high as designed so the cover would have to be folded on the ground - that seemed not to be a problem. Deciding that I would probably use more netting instead - I discovered that we do not have enough to panel the whole front - so the day finished with the front still needing a cover. So, tomorrow - I will try the central section and use sides to cover the short-fall which will also act as a doorway into the pen - so may be better.

All in all, I am happy with the day's work - but the trailer has not been emptied so no trip to Llanelli tomorrow I think. 

However - Cwm Aur are starting a visits by appointment so I may be able to visit Vic tomorrow and pop into the flat to check everything and possibly get his TV in the bedroom working.

A new Boris Picture today ...

Not even starting on Trump!!  Not going there 

Opened the Lyme Bay mulled wine this evening - they have dropped the alcohol content down to 5.5% but the flavour seems to be the same - it is based upon damson and elderberry wines so a little sweeter than standard mulled wine. All in All I think I approve.

As I sit here on the computer - it is hammering down outside - but the wood burners are on full and we are warm and cosy...

Cheers !



 

No comments:

Post a Comment