Monday 11 April 2016

11th April 2016 - Of Muses and Angels...

Thought for the day:"I saw a chameleon who could not change colour - must be reptile dysfunction!"

So Saturday was a big day in Cardiff with the Royal Order of Scotland - one of the largest pieces of ritual I have had to learn - and despite a couple of small prompts - it went well ... It is a very colourful day in the Cardiff Masonic Hall which is a very impressive building ...

There is a plan to refurbish the organ but it has a very nice feel to it - though the accoustics are pretty bad, voices can easily get absorbed ...



The day is very colourful as well, my Senior Warden wearing almost matching kilt - pictured here with the Provincial Grand Master of the order in Wales...





So, I now know the 9 muses, and the 9 orders of angels and many other items of questionable interest.. might do me well in a quiz program one day ...
So for your interest here they are...
Muses...
Calliope, Clio, Euterpe, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Erato, Polyhymnia, Urania and Thalia. Angels
Cherubim and Seraphim, Thrones, Dominions, Principalities, Powers, Virtues, Archangels and Angels. 
Hope I remember it again in October at the next meeting though I fear that I will have to re-learn it ....   ho hum!

Have a  green one
Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment