Wednesday 3 February 2016

3rd February 2016 - Coughing up for Cars

Thought for the day :"Ever miss somebody so much that you wonder why you became a sniper in the first place?"

More car failures ..  Terrano again with a heating problem...  Seems it will be off the road for a few days or even a week. Interesting how car hire varies .. I hired a car for Susie to go to London for a day - and it cost £49 which did not seem excessive with a waver of £17 to skip the £1000 excess on any damage ...  but trying to get it for two days I find it will only be £69...

So I took the plunge and decided to ask about the full week - and found that was only £125....
With the waver at reduced rate - we get to £195   which sounds reasonable - especially considering the likely cost of the car repair...

I suppose I still spend less on my cars than many people who buy top of the range vehicles...

of course - not all options are successful

Posted for Susie - she loves the DB2

And one for me - because it is a Green One
Firing on all cylinders - except this nasty cough that has come back again - why does it always do this at this time of year...
Glass of Wine .. Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment