Thursday 15 January 2015

15th January 2015 - Awaiting the Big Box.

Thought for the day : " Benign : Between Be-eight and Be-ten"

It is bitterly cold this morning. Snow over most of the country but not here.. There is a big box - not in the living rook any more - but rather by the front door. It contains my computer. The night was spent, not by me, by the box contents, wiping all record of me and restoring to factory defaults. I think that this is a rather good innovation, in fact - bite my tongue, but what I have seen of Windows 8.1 so far does not scare me at all. It seems to be fairly user friendly. I accept that I do not like the swipe style display - and can see where much of it is designed to look like a  telephone - but for the luddite in me it seems fairly reasonable.

So the big box is by the front door. My calls yesterday to the Zoostorm help-line (they are the ones that make the machine - it says that it is a British product) led me to an email address for support. I duly sent them one and did get a reply. It talks about switching the button ten times and running round in circles. It may have worked. I don't know. Instead, because I was lokoing for proof of purchase I contacted the Tesco Helpline and they put me straight through to technical, who then said - "We will change it for you tomorrow".
Can't really fault that. Delivered to the door this time and take the old one away...

So the dog wanted breakfast at a quarter to eight. Managed to persuade her that you can go back to sleep at that time whatever your stomach says - but that only lasted 5 minutes, so I got up and let the chicken out while I was about it. Put the computer into the box. Tested it first to see if it started - it did not - so I feel justified in sending it back. And now I sit here at the window waiting for the delivery man...

Phone just pinged...  Delivery between 13.16 and 14.16 today ...  A little precise on the minutes I thought, but there may be a marketing value in having  non standard time there.  So watching the 9am Llanelli Rush Hour ( it lats about 9 minutes normally as everyone rushes to get into work) ... never sure why it is after 9 - there must be a reason.  But I therefore have a few hours to wait before the new machine arrives...

Best do some paperwork I suppose..

Will see what the new day brings... Maybe another Big Box...

Cheers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment