Thursday 31 October 2013

31st October 2103 - Halloweens, House Hunting, and Hiding...

I don't mnd Halloween, as it was in my earlier days. An opportunity for the occasional party with dunking or apples, a witch hanging on a tree maybe - but not a supermarket full of american tat.. and the fear of trick or treaters stumbling up the road.....

So I am out and do not really have to worry too much. 30 years ago on this very evening I first stumbled into the Masonic Lodge at Llanelli, with no idea of what it would entail, a young police constable still with a career ahead and young children of our own - who were not crying out for halloween treats!!!

No, as I leave the building in a few minutes I will be shutting the doors and extinguishing the lights and making it quite clear that nobody is home - so Susie can sit up here comfortably and watch the gogglebox or do her jig-saws in peace....

 Of course if they did call they may get a little bit of a shock.



As Susie prepares for the evening   .......

House hunting earlier and a lovely place up near Bethania at the top of the world - where I think that it could get a little bleak in mid winter. Liked the duck pond and the land - house very small but a few outbuildings there ... Not bad - but I think that we will keep looking...

So - getting near the witching hour and time to troll across to Harries Avenue as Junior Warden. Have a bit of recitation to do - so bext get there early.....

I may be gone some time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment