Tuesday 31 January 2023

31st January 2023 - Oops - left the Yurt Open

Thought for the day :"Kleptomaniacs don't understand puns because they take things literally"


A remarkably mild day today - with a touch of sunshine..
Walk with the dogs allowed a little more clearance of the lower quarter  - a little every day and we will get there in the end..   The dogs are pretty patient with me though they are always pleased when I finally stop chopping and start the walk properly..

Was bright enough to open up the Yurt to allow some fresh air in...  and panic now at 10pm as I realised that I had forgotten to tell Susie that it was open so I have had to just run down and shut the door.
Luckily, the override switch for the garden fairy lights is at up top by the wood shed so I had some ambient light as I went down..

Spend some time repairing the raised strawberry beds - one of the legs had come off the stone that was preventing it from digging in - but all the bags had to come off and they are all connected by a leaky hosepipe - but it is all done now=- sadly phone ran out of charge so could not take any photos -maybe tomorrow.

Evening was a meeting at Castle Penfro Court of Athelstan - and 7 of the members (mainly founders) had not had their grand lodge certificate presented so took the opportunity of giving a group lecture of the explanation of the Certificates. A nice meeting though small in number (only 9 altogether including me)  and a festive board of ham eggs and chips at the local Golf Club...

Fingers crossed on the way home - though I had plenty of fuel in the car - but the last 30 miles were on vapour !!  Got home safely though..

And so today is the third anniversary of Brexit....  
Tomorrow is practically a general strike with schools out... Nurses, Ambulance Workers, Firefighters, Railworkers - pretty well everyone is on strike....

 


Well - about time to start Dry January - wish me luck !!

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment