Wednesday 25 January 2023

25th January 2023 - Burn's Night and no Haggis

Thought for the day :"Sometimes I wish I was still a child – then I could take a long nap and everyone would just be proud of me"


Well it is many years since I found myself not needing to be revising the "Address to the Haggis".
I shall not be attending St Teilo or any of the other meetings at this time of year so will not be needing to brush up my Scottish accent..

However had a small but enjoyable meeting of Athelstan in Aberystwyth last night and a Fish and Chip supper which I haven't had since before the start of the pandemic..  about three years by my reckoning.

Drizzle day today to walk the dogs and two my half a dozen spade-loads on my flower bed in the lower quarter.

Vectra in for MOT - needed three bulbs and something with the steering - so should not be too expensive - fingers crossed - but it is going well so quite happy to keep her running. Nothing too important it would seem.  

Sitting trying to get the last week of blogs updated - am getting rather bad at it these days 
enjoying sitting in front of the TV watching His Dark Materials and The Last of Us....
Somehow manage to put th8ings off - oh well - must be age !!!

In other news - decided to get a road sign done for the house - to put on the back of the Crimson Moon Sign down the bottom of the lane. I just turn it around so it can't be read at the moment though the label of "Chipping Sodbury School" is causing some interest to the locals - well Jim "the Pipe"

Updated the Ffynnon Wen signs and tidied up the lettering and made it larger so it was not too low resolution - though Bannerbuzz still always send back and I confirm to go ahead with the existing image. It is only £12 including postage though I think that they come from China or somewhere. There are a lot of bad reports on the pages but they are mainly about quality or delays in urgent delivery - I have a lot of patience so do not worry to much.



And a couple of images of the crocuses that are now flowering under the Magnolia trees..






And so - back to the old blogs and finally up to date 

Cheers 



No comments:

Post a Comment