Friday 27 January 2023

27th January 2023 - Bulbs and Blobby

Thought for the day :"If I had twin boys, they would be named  Pete and Repeat."



Spent a little more time out in the grounds today - I did some digging in the lower quarter but am beginning to understand that most of the bulbs I have planted have been eaten or otherwise are not going to sprout this year ..
The old bluebells and daffodils and snowdrops are doing well - but the area that I planted - Zero Zilch!

But we shall see if anything comes int he long term - still leveling the ground and digging out the base...

Susie spent time clearing the springs and getting rid of a lot of the leaves that have fallen ...

In other news - seems that the Crimson Moon has had 10,000 views - that is not bad

In fact this evening a couple who are staying in Southview b & b  stopped to enquire when the bar was open - sadly not at the moment... 



And in other news - some older  musicians 
Vollsanger 69 !!!  just a kiddie 



And a blast from the past - with thoughts of Barry Killoughby and the times he spent staying with us for his appearances in "It's a Knockout"   and I still recall to this day how he briefed us for his photo opportunities

He said - I am loved by all but children see me in a TV and I am small - when they get to a full size version I can be scary 
If a Mother is wanting to thrust a child towards me in my costume - make sure that the mother is always between me and the baby ion arms .. never let them push to baby forward to me..
The child needs the security o the mother and we will get a good shot ..

I never realised how much thought he had put into his appearance - as he can do nothing when int he costume 

I took my hat off to Barry that day - and have thought of this with every photo op presentation since - and not just with big pink creatures...




And so to bed !

Cheers !



 


No comments:

Post a Comment