Saturday 29 September 2018

29th September 2018 - Road Trip...

Thought for the day:"Seems I may need new glasses – I said Okay – send me the specs"

Bit if a long day really ...
Lliedi RAM Installation last night and then jump into the Bothy and a trip up to Newmarket - which is sort of Cambridge really and a 5 and a half hour journey - or would be if they did not decide to close the M4 at Port Talbot for road works - and Cardiff - and Newport !!!  So arrive in Newmarket at 2am - check out the local Lon Stay car parks which for some reason only have up to 7 hours for £2.50 or a week  for £10  - neither making much sense. But up a side street is a place called Tattershalls - which may or may not have a connection with horse-racing in the area - but also does have a Bothy sized area which for some reason does not have a double yellow line...

And so the Provincial Meeting of East Anglia for the Order of Athelstan - and one of four "distinguished" guests...

Return trip - Sat Nav suggests that returning over land through the midlands seems a good idea - as it seems to be about the same journey time....

Of course - the A14 for Kettering is closed for roadworks...  And so I follow the detour signs rather than the Sat Nav ...  not necessarily the best idea ...  I find myself heading for Peterborough for goodenss sake and a 45 minute detour - sure there would be a better way .. but I do not carry a map these days  - sort of needed a Susie as my alligator ...

But back home now after a busy weekend -

Sunday Lunch tomorrow  - Crickhowell and Secret Monitor for South Wales...

Best to keep busy I suppose..

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment