Thursday 3 October 2013

3rd October 2013 - National Poetry Day

It seems that today  has a meaning
And though it may seem demeaning
I thought I'd make use of my time
by writing the blog all in Rhyme.
It will be quite simple and and trite
And the rhymes may not always be right
But its raining outside and its cold
So I will write 'fore I get too old.

The weather I say is quite damp
And I' glad that I don't have top camp,
Though the walkers for Cieran are struggling on
Across the Pennines over half has now gone,
Though I am sure that they're getting wet
They'll reach their destination yet
And though I'm sure they're footsore
It might get a donation more.

But today I'll not venture out
I'll stay here and without a doubt
I'll keep warm and sit with my dog
Who's sleeping just like a log,
And I'll wait by my telephone
And sit here on my own
In case an Estate agent rings
With a buyer or some other things

"Why in rhyme?" I hear you say
'Cos its National Poetry Day..

Well it may not be the best Poetry but it qualifies in my view....


Almost as much as the Emperor Fu !!!

1 comment: