Monday 30 January 2023

30th January 2023 - Signs and Signage

Thought for the day :"Firefighter had twins, called Jose and Hose B"


Today my new reflective sign arrived for Ffynnon Wen..
It is amazing - for £7 I can post a picture onto the net and someone in Mumbai prints it out - puts it into a pretty secure cardboard package and labels it - then it gets put in with 126 other items for one delivery package and then comes across with six labels showing what it is why it is security tagged and that customers are happy with it - and then gets split into all the 126 items (one presumes) and then get delivered to me in Wales three days later !!!

And so it arrived today - a lot quicker than I was expecting - but here !!

And so I took it down tot he end of the lane where I have a Crimson Moon Sign turned around so it can't be seen - though with a Chipping Sodbury comment that is no overpainted in brown and added teh sign to the back of the board..



When the Crimson Moon is advertising no-one will need to know about  Ffynnon Wen !!!

And quite pleased with the result...

In other news I fed the chickens this morning and inadvertently let two of the cockerels out .. well it was a simple mistake to make - I thought I could feed them in the coop and did not realise that they were hiding behind the door waiting my arrival to spring into escape.. It was like a scene for Chicken run!

So we went down this afternoon to find them and put them back in the run ....

Sadly of the twelve chicks that Sooty raised - 11 of which survived - it now looks as though 7 are cockerels and only 4 hens ..  I think that they will get the chop soon - chicken feed is getting very expensive these days...   Start of the year it was £6.80  - now £10.40  for 20 kg. And that is not lasting that long at the moment 

But milder this afternoon - and managed to sit out for half an hour with the smokers without freezing my tail off...

Cheers !




 

No comments:

Post a Comment