Tuesday 3 January 2017

3rd January 2017 - First day of Work

Thought for the day:"I bought my wife a wooden leg for Christmas - it wasn't her main present - it was just a stocking filler"

And that could, or at least should be the last Christmas Joke for last year...  I saw a post today saying it is 360 days until Christmas and some people already have their decorations up !!!  Well, I am one of them. The decorations go up on Christmas Eve, and great fun it was this year with the whole family here, and they will stay up for the 12 days of Christmas - and come down on the 6th. I do not intend to revisit the controversy of when the 12th day is - you can read it here !

Meanwhile - as we start looking into the year - I started working on a couple of videos from last year that have been on the back burner..  LARP AID 2016 and the Bard's Competition...
The first is the summary of the Awards - which I find slightly amusing - watch for the "huff" in the air - it was very cold even though there was a firepit in the tent ... the second is the second place entry - the Demon Slayer - which is a lovely song and has allowed me to discover Voltaire!! The weird - goth singer - am really liking his work ....


and the Demon Slayer...


On the subject of Voltaire...  I note the following quotes that seem relevant ...

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
"Many are destined to reason wrongly; others, not to reason at all; and others, to persecute those who do reason."
"The history of human opinion is scarcely anything more than the history of human errors. "
"It is far better to be silent than merely to increase the quantity of bad books. "
"It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere. "
"Common sense is not so common. "
"Prejudices are what fools use for reason. "
"Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them."
François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

"So tonight I am riding a black unicorn
Down the side of an erupting volcano
And I drink, drink, drink
From a chalice filled
With the laughter of small children " 
Aurelio Voltaire

Can't say better than that ...
I also found something called riffstation which I think I may be able to use - technology is a wonderful thing... Ride a Black Unicorn - Riff


Science and Technology huh!!

and for the Mathematicians - Cheers !!

No comments:

Post a Comment