Monday 26 August 2013

26th August 2013 - Nice to be away - but nicer to be home ...

A week away in the Bothy is a pleasure. But after the long haul home, it is nicer to be in your own bed.
Time to review a few of the pictures of the weekend, though on this occasion I did not take any of my own, so will be dependent upon everyone else's recollections.

And this year the Bardic army, and the erin Navy in Particular were in fine voice. Really wished I had got a recording of them accompanying "Race you to Valhalla" which certainly sounded good from where I was....
I seem to have moved on from the times when I could not sing with others, and now rather like the idea of a backing group!!!
The Crimson Moon proved itself able to run under its own steam, and though it may not be to everyone's taste, I rather like the extra lighting the Mick brings to the Moon. I think it gives a rather special atmosphere, and I still enjoy playing in there...

Though not all photographs are kind.. I generally shave every day - but this photographer caught me before my ablutions... yes it is Diet Coke in the Tankard!!!
But all in all - not a bad image....

There are those who wonder why anyone should want to dress up in strange clothes and pretend to come for distant lands and play a game like LARP.... I agree.. I can think of no good reason .. unless...

And so I leave you with the summary from the BBC News MAgazine.. Though talking about Lorien Trust and the Gathering - the principles are the same and the hobby is still growing...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23877430



No comments:

Post a Comment