Friday 2 February 2024

2nd February 2024 - Quentin Lodge and Booking Dot Com

Thought for the day :"Maybe oxygen is actually killing you but it takes takes over 70 years to work"


Off to Cowbridge this evening for a Masonic Installation for a close friend, and decided that it would be better to get a hotel for the evening - rather than travel back in the rain and mist and clouds and fog.

So a quick look at the website for the Bear Hotel , Cowbridge, and connected to the link and found that I was linked to a company called super.com
Well - the booking process was very easy and I entered all the information and added the credit card details and bingo had a nice little email response saying that I was all booked in - and not to worry if it took a few hours to confirm with the hotel..   so of course I didn't worry but went to bed instead - after all I had the confirmation...

So all was well and I headed off to Cowbridge - using my phone for google apps as my TomTom charger is dead a the moment - something that annoys me as it is less than 6 months old and cost almost £20.
And Tom Tom do not answer when I try to check on warranty 

And I decide to book in on my way to lodge rather than afterwards. And the lovely lady at the reception says that I do not have a reservation , so I show her my whatsapp confirmation - but she has noting on her lists. But she has a room and in fact it will be £100 instead of the £128 I paid last night!

And I am a little rushed so have to give up my traditional "Shower in the hotel room" .  Don't have time so get changed and sprint down and hand my key into reception who remarks on my sudden change from jeans and polo shirt to morning suit and case...

And off we go to the Lodge..

A great little ceremony and in this case we have a number of members of Masonic Order of Athelstan were there to celebrate ...



Mater's Song

Farmer's Tea and some guy with ponytail

Town Hall set up as Masonic Lodge 


And the line up of Athelstan Members


 So about 8pm I get a call from  the Bear Hotel in CRICKHOWELL !!  asking whether I am still booking in and whether I need a meal as the restaurant will be closing soon
I will be honest I panic a little thinking I got it wrong - I may have previous for such silliness

And in fairness they say that they will email to say there is an error on my behalf.

After a great meeting we go back to the hotel and I attempt to sort the matter out with reception, and when I get internet connection I look at my confirmation from super.com on my whatsapp app - and see that it says Cowbridge so it was not my fault 
and decide to enjoy my evenign and sort it all out tomorrow - watch this space!!





Took these pictures for our new Grand Secretary Nigel 

Cheers !





No comments:

Post a Comment