Saturday 3 February 2024

3rd February 2024 - More Booking.Com and sprouting

Thought for the day :"There was once a King who was only 12 inches tall. He was a terrible King but he made a great ruler."


Rain 23 : Dry 11

So - today is the day to get the phone number for Booking.com and wait to get hold of them 
Firstly you need the booking reference and PIN number - and bearing in mind that I booked with Super.com - I have to go to the website and ask for a copy of the confirmation email which finally comes through with the details 

And then I find that the next hour - the phone is engaged 
Finally I get through to Emah who follows his script well which really does not assist me 
He confirms all the details and tells me that he can see that my booking was for a different hotel and then I find that rather than accepting the error made by the company - he needs to follow his proper procedure - which apparently is to contact the hotel to see if the booking is still available!!

Now - let's be fair - I am asking about an expired date - so how can it still be available ??
and that was not my issue with them - my issue is that they booked the wrong hotel !!!
He cannot get through to the hotel so tells me that he has to wait 2 hours to get a reply
I say what ??  
He says that if the hotel says that the booking is still available I have to pay for it 
I say that it is the fault of Booking .co and not me and it does not latter if they can accommodate me , and how can they now accommodate me on the 2nd February which has already gone !!!
I don't think this is on his script - so having lost an hours and a half of my life on the phone I say - Whatever 

I have had the email from Booking .com saying that the Bear Hotel is happy for me to take up the booking on the 2nd February  so I have returned the email with a few comments..

Insult to injury !!  I have just received an email form the Bear Hotel at Crickhowell asking me how I enjoyed the stay !!! I deleted it !

We shall see what happens tomorrow - They have not taken money from my credit card yet but waiting to see what happens

Meanwhile - Back at the homestead!!
It is raining - but walked the dogs and examined the sprouting bluebells and daffs









Cheers !





No comments:

Post a Comment