Thursday 16 February 2023

16th February 2023 - DPD

Thought for the day :"The new Pirate film is a Mast Sea"


Ooh - DPD want to ask me about my complaint on Trust Pilot 

Thank you for your response.

 My complaint is two fold – firstly the fact that delivery has not been successful not once but twice, and that there is a flagrant lie regarding the acceptance of the item, and total lack of ability to get any information as to what is currently happening about the delivery as the sender will not refund or resend without DPD action …

Summary :
Item bought from Appliances Direct (£196) for urgent next day delivery (a de-humidifer for holiday home problem with guest arriving Friday – today for you!!)

REF : 1550 4524 233 175 1

Item received and with driver DANIEL with delivery slot of 1328hrs to 1428hrs
Nothing arrived – notice at 1525hrs that delivery was “missed”
In context there is only one house at the postcode

We have had previous delivery from all courier companies including DPD in the past
Gate at premises has clear sign – “Deliveries” and name of Premises on Gate …
Call to customer services – GPS states that attempted delivery was to 7 miles from my location

Image dpd01 - shows tracking


 
Image Dpd02 – location of attempted delivery – field 7 miles away



Image dpd03 – enlarged picture of delivery area…

 


As the item was apparently going back to the depot – Appliances Direct was contacted and the problem explained.

In fairness to that company – they said that the item could be recalled from DPD and they could send an additional unit
which was done …

REF:1550 3686 275 955 5

Image DPD04 – tracking order for replacement unit



Item is delivered to Swansea and is on van – driver Scott
Delivery slot is 1328-1428hrs
At 1420hrs I call the call centre as I know it will take me ten minutes to get through
At 1430hrs I am talking with your call center and stating that the item has not arrived and can they check location of the driver (As I am aware that your vans are on GPS location)
I am put on hold and told that they are checking with the depot – and after this they state that the driver is behind schedule but is on route and delivery is imminent .. I come off the phone
As I put the phone down the app shows that the item has been delivered !!! And more that it is received by “JOHN”  1434hrs
There is a photo of a front door which is not mine – and an envelope on the ground – not my package ..
This photo is no longer on any source that I can access and I would like it sent to me …

I contacted the call center immediately and strangely got through within five minutes – thus your driver should have been in the immediate area.

Your center operative tells me that they checked the location of the delivery and found it to be 6.3 miles from my location ( I had to push hard for this information)
Refused to give me the location of the delivery ( apparently against policy)
Refused / Failed to contact the driver to collect and replace
Refused to escalate to any form of supervisory staff member
Offered Management Call Back which I ask for as I wished to make a formal complaint (No call back has occurred)

I have therefore established that DPD accept that the delivery has not been made to my address
However – Appliances Direct who I believe have also raised issues will not refund – leaving me with substantial loss of income this weekend £350 booking fees as I have to cancel customers, until DPD complete an internal enquiry which will take 6 days !!  Another week’s loss of income

I have been unable to get any information from your call center – you do not allow access to depot phone numbers
You have not given any return calls and I am losing the will to live waiting for answers at your call centers

Appliances Direct advised me that they had spoken to the DPD and were advised that the driver was returning to collect the item on 14th Feb and it would be delivered by 8pm
Later I was advised that the item was to be delivered to me on 15th February

Call to Call center tells me that the original tracking number is the only one available and that the item would not have a new tracking number for me to see which suggests to me that it is not in your system – otherwise I would expect the tracking to show – Return to Depot – out for delivery etc

In addition – after the problems on the first occasion I downloaded your DPD APP as this would suggest that it could avoid the problems experienced on the previous day.
I have had previous issues with your database not correctly identifying my postcode – instead calling it by a previous name from years ago – “Bluebell Cottage” rather than the Existing “Ffynnon Wen”
However – as this item had been purchased by my wife with her e-mail details (susie@pigsmayfly.co.uk)  I downloaded a new version on her mobile phone and completed all sections,.

I am not sure whether you can access the details on this app (please advise) but your call center operative said that the driver could access the details on the app so I presume you are able..
I completed all sections on the app – including uploading the picture of the front of the house ( apparently to assist the driver) and also details of my safe place and photo of access to this area.

As I had a lack of confidence in your driver’s capabilities or wish to deliver in this area I also added the local post office as an alternative area so that a delivery could be made if they failed to find us..  It is 4.5 miles away and I was willing to go and fetch it – it was that important to a small business like mine !!

Despite this app – the information – the mobile phone number and the home number on the parcel details and app, photographs and alternative drop off location – the item was “Apparently” received by “John” at a location no-one will advise me – I would happily go and collect it if your driver had indeed delivered!!

All in all this s very unsatisfactory…
Yesterday your call center advised me that the driver had been sent back to collect the item and that it would be delivered to me

Why is no-one taking any interest or keeping a customer in the loop

I hope this assists in your investigation into my complaint

Copy to Appliances Direct       Order Query 45237813
Copy to Sue Sewell

Will get back to this story another day - training weekend coming up 

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment