Sunday 12 February 2023

12th February 2023 - A Little Colour in the Garden

Thought for the day :" Built my wife an equivalent of my man-cave - it is called a Kit-chen"  (I'm gonna get shot!)


An out in the garden Sunday today.. 
Susie has been doing sterling work and cleared her onion beds and another bed and put out her planting covers.

I took an early walk (ie before breakfast - not early in time !) and opposite Meerkat Mountain there was a sign of our first snowdrop !!  It is difficult to see bu there are two little flowers there..



And in Fair Town the crocuses are out..


And a little more colour..


So - ion the way I started a new project - which will be long term.
I have been taking the stones and bricks out of my lower quarter flower bed - and today I took the first barrow load up tot he parking hard standing in front of the house. I have plans to fill in by the current hard standing - take down a couple of trees and push through with the JCB to make another parking space out front ..


Not much I know - but a start!!..

In other news - Susie finished painting the downstairs bathroom and also the kitchen outside door. We will be able to add the Viking emblem tomorrow I think 

I looked at taking power down to the Yurt - we decided to get a humidifier / heater to install in the yurt to keep it dry and warm. There has been condensation and some mould so we do not want to mess with our investment . another £187 for the machine but it is meant to be low power - 30w to a maximum of 600w so should not be too expensive to run . It is in fact designed to dry a 3-5 bedroom house so we shall see. 

In the short term I have decided to use and extension lead - but will install proper electrics in due course... But we have family here for three days as Nancy starts looking for houses in the area, and Crimson Moonies are with us at the weekend.

And so another week goes by and a Birthday is looming close ... 

Cheers !

(this unfortunate shot is apparently a real photo - MacDonalds have apologised and claimed that they had no idea of the location of the advert - presumably part of a full advertising campaign - and have now requested that it be changed ..   but still funny ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment